Our goal is to increase membership enough to meet our monthly expenses of $1878.
Did You Know?
Since 2004 DNL has:
- Held over 200 dharma teachings, meditation retreats, and special events like tsok feasts, sand mandalas, and losar celebrations
- Conducted the equivalent of over 1 year of combined teachings, retreats and events, since many of these events are multi-day
- Brought H.H. Chetsang Rinpoche to Tucson to teach and to bless the center
- Brought H.E. Garchen Rinpoche to Tucson to teach 7 times, and stay at the center in 2018
- Brought H.E. Khenchen Gyaltsen Rinpoche to Tucson to teach 6 times, and in recent years, reside for weeks at the center
- Held thousands of prayer and practice sessions
A Brief History of Drikung Namgyal Ling
His Eminence Garchen Rinpoche sends Venerable Khenpo Sherab to the Old Pueblo with the express mission to “teach the people of Tucson the dharma.” With that, Drikung Namgyal Ling was born. The name translates to Drikung Victory Center.
At the request of His Holiness Chetsang Rinpoche, Khenpo Sherab returns to Tibet to teach a large community of nuns in a remote, mountainous region. Although he was supposed to return after a few years, political complications in China have prevented him from doing so.
2006 – Present Day
Khenpo Sherab promises to and keeps his promise to teach the nuns through the entire canon of dharma, receiving the same instructions and teaching materials as the male monks. His noble and groundbreaking works continues today.
With the blessings of Khenpo Sherab, Drupon Thinley Ningpo accepts the position as our permanent spiritual director. Needless to say, our formerly “lama-less” sangha, who has known and loved Drupon Thinley for years, is overjoyed and revitalized.
After 11 years as a “mobile” dharma group, Drikung Namgyal Ling opens a dharma center in Sahuarita, AZ. and there was much rejoicing by all of you!
His Holiness Chetsang Rinpoche comes to Tucson to bless our newly opened dharma center and offer teachings.
The year we overcome obstacles and save the dharma center?